At CONSORTIUM, we live and breathe ‘lean retail’. We’re alleviating the world of an outdated inventory model that leaves retailers bankrupt, brands isolated, and landfills full of fast fashion waste. We are designing a technological treaty to end the war of e-commerce vs brick & mortar – a unified retail world where all parties elevate each other in a shared vision. In our ecosystem, success is not a zero sum game. It is exactly the opposite.
CONSORTIUM is the technology-powered platform connecting retailers and brands. Powering retailers to sell customizable and made-to-order goods at scale was just the beginning. CONSORTIUM can now manage the entire retail lifecycle from brand wholesale through to customer purchase, support, and beyond. Our technology will set retailers free from their inventory shackles and eliminate the capital they risk. Brands will sell-through more efficiently. Customers will find the goods they want and be able to purchase from the retailers they believe in.
Led by a former Wall Street veteran and a luxury fashion house aficionado, we are disrupting an industry in dire need of ‘lean retail’. The CONSORTIUM portfolio includes custom brands Saintly Bags and Awl & Sundry, as well as CSTM HAUS, a private coworking and event space nestled at the helm of Meatpacking’s iconic Little Flatiron Building.
The Account Executive – B2B Retail Sales position will be responsible for cultivating, growing and onboarding a high quality network of brand and retailer partners to join the CONSORTIUM platform. Activities involve pipeline development, lead qualification, customer meetings, proposal development, negotiations, and closing. As a lead generator, you will be responsible for setting and budgeting for a retailer conference calendar, where you will participate in industry networking and partner sponsored events to build direct sales pipelines.
You are a trailblazer. You are connected to decision-makers and eager to leverage and expand those relationships. You create opportunities for others. You are gritty and never give up. You never let things fall through the cracks. You can bridge the big picture with the intricacies of execution. You can hold an executive conversation with confidence. You have a passion for exploring, “What’s next?” and are highly motivated, productive and organized. You have the ability to build trust and rapport with stakeholders to understand the competitive landscape in a pursuit and connect the dots for the right support and craft a story to win.
- Lead generation, cultivation, and follow through
- Develop, maintain, and expand a database of prospects within your pipeline
- Maintain a high level of CONSORTIUM solution expertise and competitive intelligence
- Identify decision-makers within targeted leads in order to initiate and move along the sales process.
- Provide compelling value propositions and real-time solutioning, in-person and via phone- emphasizing service differentiators, discussing contract terms and preparing proposals
- Submit accurate and complete information in Salesforce and provide regular updates to management regarding opportunities, trends, and challenges
- Maintain a commitment to continuous improvement, with active participation in internal and external sales coaching
- Develop key relationships with Retail Merchant and Buying Teams (Department Store, Specialty Store, Independent Stores) and Brand Business Development & Marketing teams (Custom, Made-to-Order and DTC brands)
- Meet or exceed yearly new business revenue objectives
- 4 years of successful sales experience with 3+ years of experience in an Enterprise sales role, focusing on retail (fashion or retail technology preferred)
- Strong consultative sales skills showing an ability to sell the value of partnering with CONSORTIUM
- Understanding of user experience design and agile software development lifecycle and have previously worked with either marketing, line of business and/or technology teams, in a delivery capacity, in enterprise environments.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Prominent organization, presentation, communication, and time management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic skills with the ability to creatively problem-solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership
- A strong understanding of enterprise IT concepts and technology
- A bachelor’s degree
This position is based in NYC, with up to 50% domestic travel required.
The Growth Marketing Manager role is focused on delivering scalable impact through full-funnel acquisition, retention strategy, execution, effective platforms and rigorous growth analytics.
As a Growth Marketing Manager, you will help us convert new audiences by creating scalable programs, including experiences that build loyalty and viral loops that extend our reach.
You thrive on experimentation, and constantly seek out ways to improve the trajectory of business metrics. You love and are extremely adept at creating new content and testing emails, copy, language, messaging to improve overall conversion metrics.
You will be driven, and nimble enough to work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity, lead cross-functional teams through influence, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership.
You reach for data first, but when there is none available, you have a bias toward action and come up with a strategic plan to get it done. You geek out on A/B testing, site optimization, conversion rates, and above all else care deeply about the customer.
You are able to manage all marketing channels yourself as well as delegate to others on your team.
The Growth Marketing Manager will analyze sales & product performance and will execute digital strategies for product demand, continuous online growth, and customer management. The ideal candidate is highly experienced in leading the development and implementation of e-commerce sales, digital marketing strategies, email nurturing, and best practices.
- BA / BS with 5-10 years of progressive experience in B2B and B2C e-commerce and marketing
- Proven depth knowledge in digital marketing and technology
- Passion for nurturing prospects through their journey, tracking and optimizing their digital experience across every touchpoint and marketing channel, establishing & producing content and email campaigns mapped to buyers journey, and scaling lead nurturing and conversion through software and digital approaches
- Experience supporting sales teams to close new and cross-sell business
- Experience in developing, writing, and producing product tutorials, articles, templates, and other content that increase adoption
- Obsession over impact and results; can back decisions with data and are able to tie campaign results to company impact
- Experience in optimizing marketing automation workflows and triggers to help drive an efficient, low-touch sales process
- Understanding of how to drive high product adoption rates and an effective upgrade path
- Experience working cross-functionally with creatives, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, and product managers
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- Ambition with a growth mindset and an ability to lead projects with a high level of autonomy
- Proficiency in HubSpot and Salesforce
This position is based in NYC.